Saturday, May 24, 2008

Aquarium and Plants

Here is a picture of the tank.



I currently have the following plants

Potamogeton Gayi

Eusteralis stellata


Bacopa Monnieri


Limnophila sessiflora


Hygrophila polysperma v. sunset



Hemianthus Micranthemoides

Ceratopteris thalictroides

Hygrophila polysperma 'ceylon'



Rotala Indica

Ludwigia Repens


Heteranthera Zosterifolia

Taxiphyllum barbieri

Nesaea pedicellata

Dwarf Sagitaria


I have had very good success with all these plants except the Rotala Indica. It grows really slow in my setup. I suspect it is the hard water.


It is worth mentioning that although there are "Recommended" water parameters for a planted tank, save yourself the hassle and just use your tap water. My water is extremely hard (23 GH, 11 KH) and has a high PH (8). Since I use pressurized Co2 I have brought the PH down to 7. I do not use any type of buffers, softeners etc in the water and have to sometimes trim the plants twice a week.

No comments: